As a lover of movies and television, I enjoy having a large screen to immerse myself in the experience. For the several weeks leading up to my senior of college, I decided that I wanted to invest some of my internship savings into a projector that I could use in my suite. Projectors can be used anywhere – I could bring a projector into the living room and drown myself in the drama of Breaking Bad with my roommates, or I could hole myself in my room and watch a guilty pleasure romantic movie like 10 Things I Hate About You or Love, Actually. A projector is mobile, versatile, and requires only a large blank wall to work its magic. The idea of a projector was too enticing to pass up. Plus, it would probably be cheaper and easier to move than a TV.
As I began perusing the Internet to find a quality projector within a college student’s budget, it became apparent that really good projectors are usually an upwards of a thousand dollars. Still though, I continued looking. Just in case. Eventually, my efforts paid off. When I first laid eyes on the Brookstone HDMI Pocket Projector, I knew we would be a match-made in heaven.
The Brookstone HDMI Pocket Projector is only 0.89 x 3.9 x 3.8 inches. How was that even possible? The projector looked more like an external hard drive. In addition, reviews boasted great picture quality, good battery life (2 hours without recharging – enough for one movie), and up to a 60 inch diagonal screen. The best part was that the product was only $300 – a price that I deemed much more reasonable than the thousand dollar projectors I had originally seen.
When my projector was finally delivered, I couldn’t wait to use it. I immediately began charging the device so I could see if this little gadget could truly provide me with the action-packed detail that I craved. The results did not disappoint. The colors were vivid, the picture was clear, and I was captivated the entire time. How could this tiny device pack such a punch? I was enchanted.
I love this product because it is so accessible. It is one of the first things I usually show anybody who is visiting my suite for the first time. As a tiny girl who stands barely at five feet tall, this product provides me with a great theater experience without any bulky inconvenience. I don’t need to compromise anything. I can stash a projector in my bag, and barely feel any extra weight. I can be the hero who pulls out the projector at a party when everybody is cramming around the TV to try and see the screen. I can use it to project a class presentation from right off my laptop. The Pico Projector is a little piece of magic that I can carry around with me anywhere, and who wouldn’t want that?
No comments:
Post a Comment